Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fireworks over Boston


I got my camera just a few weeks before the Fourth of July and I couldn't wait to try my hand at fireworks photography. I read a little bit about it, took some notes, packed my tripod and camera and headed down to the edge of the Charles River. We walked through a sea of people. I was a little worried about finding a spot with a good view where my tripod wouldn't get kicked over or bumped into, so I had my husband and some friends form a human blockade which worked like a charm.


I started adjusting my settings and figured this would be a good learning experience. I wasn't expecting anything special since I had no practice shooting fireworks much less night photography in general. I set my shutter to 6 seconds and clicked away.

To my great surprise I ended up catching some beautiful images that I am quite proud of on my first every fireworks shoot. Enjoy:



No comments:

Post a Comment