Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring has Sprung!

Finally, finally, finally, I have found signs of Spring...the crocuses are blooming! I happened to spot a little cluster of them on my street and promptly got my gear to shoot the first blooms of the season.


To my delight they were open, brilliant, and being pollinated by a bunch of busy bees. Unfortunately they were SO busy that they were nearly impossible to photograph. I was able to shoot one little bee because he seemed to be a baby judging by his size and slow movements.


The crocuses proved to be beautiful subjects. I'll admit I was quite impressed with myself. No tripod, no flash, no reflectors. Just my skill at blocking the sun with my body while hovering close to the ground...must've been a strange sight to passing drivers ;)


Check out more of my crocus photos at Method Photos



No comments:

Post a Comment