Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lenses that I use


Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS SLR Lens
This lens came with my Canon Rebel XS (it usually comes with any Canon camera package) and I think it's a great lens.  It's sharp and clear and it's an all around great basic lens to start with.  At 18mm, it's a perfect wide angle lens for landscapes but also works well enough for 'people' shots but I wouldn't describe it as a portrait lens.




Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
This lens is a great telephoto zoom lens. I have gotten impressive shots especially in my bird-watching photographs. Some people go for the Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras to save some money since it's about one hundred dollars cheaper and it's a slightly longer zoom lens at 300mm, but I think the 55-250mm gets better results with less distortion.



Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens
This lens is my favorite affordable portrait lens. It's hard to mess up a photo with this lens.  It's a 50mm prime lens meaning it has no zoom. You are the zoom. If you're taking portrait shots, you need to take a few steps forward or backward to frame your subject correctly.  It's small and light and an excellent lens to add to your arsenal.



Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM SLR Lens for EOS Digital SLRs
This is an awesome lens. It is one of the best ultra-wide angle lenses that you can get.



Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
This is an amazing lens. It produces incredibly crisp, clear images and the color is absolutely brilliant. I finally had the opportunity to try it out doing some flower photography. I was amazed at the results and highly recommend this lens for macro and portrait photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment