Saturday, March 5, 2011

About my camera - because many inquiring minds would like to know


I've had so many people ask which camera I have that I've decided to make an entry dedicated to it.

My camera is the Canon Rebel XS. It is a 10.1 megapixel DSLR and it came with the Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens.  For your convenience below is a link to this exact camera, including the lens, for a great price. There you can read about all the juicy details and user reviews. Help me help you, be my hero and purchase through my links :)







I chose this particular camera for a number of reasons. The main reason being that after much research I came to the conclusion that it is better to spend less on the camera body and more on really good lenses because the lenses are what will make the biggest difference in your photos. Unless you plan on printing huge posters, 10.1 megapixels is plenty. Some models have the capability to record video but that is something I am not interested in since you basically need to have your camera on a tripod or else the video will make you seasick. And frankly, I'm into photography, not videography. So, eliminating super high megapixels and video capability, I ended up choosing the very reasonably priced Rebel XS.

The included lens, sometimes referred to as the 'kit' lens is a great starter lens. It is 18-55mm so it's perfect for wide angle shots but also has a slight zoom to get in closer to your subject. It is a very sharp lens and has few negatives, if any. The Image Stabilization is a great added feature that will help you capture crystal clear images. I am so satisfied with it that I haven't replaced it and still use it as one of my main lenses. Here is a link for more information and user reviews:








Here is a link to my page about lenses for your Canon: http://methodphotos.blogspot.com/2011/03/lenses-that-i-use.html

I have been incredibly happy with my camera. I truly feel like I made the right decision going with a more economically priced model and saving up for good lenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment